Ladies finger - 8 to 10, Fresh grated coconut - 1/2, Red chillies - 7 to 8, Mustard seeds - 1/2 spoon, rice - 1 spoon, turmeric powder - 1/2 spoon, Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup, Fenugreek seeds (methi) - 1/4 spoon, Jeera - 1 1/2 spoon, Sesame seeds - 1 spoon, Jaggery - 1 inch cube, Salt as per taste, Oil - 5 spoons.
Oil - 1 spoon, Asafoetida - a pinch, Mustard seeds - 1/4 spoon.
- Dry roast jeera, methi and sesame seeds till they turn slightly brown and sesame seeds starts to splutter.
- Wash the ladies finger and allow it to dry or wipe it in a clean towel.
- Grind the roasted spices with freshly grated coconut, turmeric powder, red chillies, mustard seeds and rice into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add small pieces of ladies finger. Fry them till they're cooked.
- Add salt, tamarind extract, jaggery and mix well. Let the ladies finger cook full.
- Add the ground masala and mix. Add water if required. Allow it to boil for 5 mins.
- Season with oil, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Serve with hot rice or chapati.
Serves: 4 to 6 persons.