Ingredients for potato mixture for stuffing:
Potatoes - 5(not so big sized), Ginger - 1 inch piece, Green chillies - 2 long, Coriander finely chopped - handful, Garam Masala powder - 1/2 spoon, Chilli powder - 1 spoon, Salt as per taste.
- Boil and peel the potatoes. Mash them nicely.
- Grind the ginger and green chillies in to a fine paste.
- To the mashed potatoes add the ground paste, finely chopped coriander, salt, garam masala powder, chilli powder and mix everything with hands.
- Mix wheat flour, oil, salt and required amount of water to prepare a dough similar to the chapati dough.
- Make balls (small orange sized) from the dough.
- Dust the floor (or the platform on which you will roll the dough) with the wheat flour.
- Roll the dough to make a small poori.
|Potato mixture on the dough|
|Seal the sides of the dough|
|Press the sealed portion of the dough|
|Cooking the Parotas on tava.|
|Cook both the sides evenly|
Serves: 8 to 10 parotas.