- Soak avalakki in salt water (add just a spoon of salt and water just to cover the avalakki) for 5 mins. Drain all water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dal, curry leaves, peanuts and fry for few seconds.
- Add green chillies and onions and fry for a minute.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Finally add lemon juice and mix properly. Check for taste and salt if required.
- Now add avalakki and mix well and allow it to get hot for a minute or so.
- Avalakki voggarane is ready and can be served with pickles or even curds.
Serves: 4 to 5 persons.