Pav - 7.
Vada : 6 Potatoes - boiled and mashed, Oil - 2spoons, Mustard seeds - 1 spoon, Hing (asafoetida) - 1/4 spoon, turmeric leaves - 1/4 spoon, Salt to taste.
Crush together: 4 green chillies, 1inch piece of ginger, 8-10 garlic.
Batter: 3/4 cup bangal gram flour(besan or kadale hittu), 1/4 spoon turmeric powder, 1/2 cup water, 1 spoon oil, salt to taste.
Garlic chutney: Garlic 10-12, 5-8 red chillies (byadagi menasu or guntur menasu), coriander seeds (dhaniya) - 1 spoon, Jeera - 1 spoon, 1 spoon oil, salt & sugar to taste. Lemon juice - 2 spoons.
Meetha chutney (Sweet chutney): Tamarind - 1/2 cup, Jaggery - 3/4 cup, 1/2 spoon red chilli powder, 1/2 spoon ginger finely chopped ginger, salt to taste.
Preparation Method for Vada:
- Using mortar & pestle crush the chillies, ginger and garlic finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when they start crackilg add hing, and crushed mixture and fry for a minute.
- Add the mashed potatoes, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Let it cool, then shape it into small balls and press them little to give it a shape of tikki.
- Mix the ingredients of the batter in a bowl.
- Dip the potato tikki into batter and make sure the batter is coated well on frigerator for multiple them.
- Deep fry them in oil till golden brown.
Preparation Method for garlic chutney:
- Soak the red chillies in hot water for half an hour.
- Grind the soaked red chillies along with water, garlic, coriander seeds, jeera, sugar, salt and lemon juice very finely.
- Heat oil and add the ground mixture. Cook till oil separates, add little water and boil for few mins.
- Soak tamarind in 2 cups of water for 15 mins.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to boil.
- When the consistency reaches to thick then remove from fire and strain the mixture.
- Store the chutney in refregirator.