For marinating paneer:
Curds - 1 cup, Diced fresh paneer - 1 cup (200 gms), Red chilli powder - 2 spoons, garam masala powder - 1 spoon, Garlic paste - 1 spoon, Ginger paste - 1 spoon.
Masala for pulav:
Ghee - 4 spoons, jeera - 1 spoon, Green chillies - 4, Onions - 2, Potatoes - 2, Pudina - 1/4 cup, Cinnamon - 1/2 inch, Cloves - 3, Elaichi - 2, Jeera - Dhaniya powder - 1/2 spoon each, Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup, Basumati rice - 5 glasses, Salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under marination and keep it aside for 20 mins.
- Heat ghee in a cooker and slightly fry the jeera.
- Add split green chillies and diced onions. Fry till onions are transparent.
- Add potatoes, pudina leaves, cinnamon, cloves, elaichi, jeera - dhaniya powder and mix properly. Sprinkle little water and allow to cook for 5 mins.
- Add marinated mixture and mix well.
- Add rice, salt and water (1 cup rice = 2 cups water).
- Close the lid of the cooker and cook for 2 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.