- Wash the toor dal and cook it in cooker. Gently mash the cooked dal with a ladle.
- Wash the palak and cut it into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard and jeera.
- Add crushed garlic and small pieces of onions and fry till it is cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, little salt and palak. Allow the palak to cook and then add tomatoes.
- Add all the dry powder and mix well.
- Add half glass of water, close the lid and bring to boil.
- Finally add the mashed dal and required amount of water. Let it boil for 3 mins.
- Serve with rice or chapatis.
|Dal with Rice|
Serves: 3 to 4