"Chitranna" is a south indian dish. It is basically rice mixed with tempering of onions, groundnuts, mustard, lemon juice and green chillies. Alu Chitranna is my husband's favourite dish. We both like any dish made from potatoes. Hope u all like this.
- Heat the oil and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add groundnuts and fry them till they start losing the skin.
- Add potato cubes and fry them till they cooked full ( add little salt while cookin the potatoes).
- Add the tamarind juice, sambar powder and required amount of salt and mix well.
- Close the lid for a couple of minutes so that the masala blends with the potatoes.
- Finally add cooked rice and mix properly.
- Alu Chitranna is ready to be served with curds or chips.