- Boil the avarekalu in water with little salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil and fry the onions,garlic,green chillies and ginger together.
- Add the palak leaves and fry little.
- Add tomato and cook for few seconds.
- Add all the masala powders and mix well.
- Allow it to cool and grind this mixture.
- Heat oil in the same pan and fry the chopped onions.
- Add the ground mixture and boiled avarekalu and mix.
- Finally add salt and allow it to boil by closing the lid.
- Palak Avare is ready to be served with chapati, poori and also with rice.